Top 10 Interview Tips
It is a tough job market out there today. Getting the job you want requires more than just a killer resume. In other words, you can’t just sell yourself on paper. You’ve also got to be able to do it in a personal face-to-face job interview.
Here are a few interview tips to help you make a great impression:
- Market your skills and related experience in the field that you are applying for. Be sure to do it in a way that is positive, but not cocky or aggressive.
- Research the company before your interview. It is a great way to know where you would fit into the organization. It also lets the employer know that you really want to be a part of the company.
- Prepare answers to common interview questions ahead of time, and practice saying them, so you aren’t stumped during the interview.
- Dress for success, in the manner you would dress for the position you’re seeking.
- Bring a list of your own questions with you in a folder with the company’s name on it, so that you don’t forget them. You should keep your extra resumes in there too.
- Be a good listener and focus. Some job seekers talk too much during interviews.
- Be prepared to describe your weaknesses as strengths. For example, saying that you are over enthusiastic about performing at your best.
- Make eye contact with your interviewer.
- Don’t volunteer your personal opinions to your interviewer about any subjects unless you are asked.
- Try to establish a good rapport with your interviewer. Be calm but professional, and most importantly BE YOURSELF!
Take the time to implement these interview tips before your next job hunt. It'll give you a leg up on your competition!